DNA Electronics has developed an extensive portfolio of patents and knowhow harnessing semiconductor technology, systems engineering and molecular biology for life science applications.
Ever since our core invention of semiconductor DNA detection using pH, we have focused on innovative and pragmatic solutions that deliver speed, simplicity and intelligence to the platforms we create.
The company's IP portfolio includes:
- Label-free pH-mediated detection of DNA and RNA using semiconductor ion sensors known as ion-sensitive field effect transistors (ISFETs)
- DNA sequencing by ISFETs using detection of hydrogen ions released from nucleotide incorporation
- novel low power electronic interfacing techniques
- pH-based methods for simultaneous amplification and detection of nucleic acids
- pipette-free sample preparation
Several of these inventions are now licensed to life science industry leaders and are powering their products. For more details on partnering and licensing opportunities, please see Partnering.